Monday, August 20, 2012

EUROVISION LVII: Morgan's Top 42 Rankings, 42-37


Okay guys, it's been almost three months since EUROVISION LVII came to a close in late May. You've read my blogs about the ten best songs of this year's competition, and other related stuff. But how does all 42 rank in my rankings, just almost three months later? Let's find out.

Ladies and gentlemen...for your reading pleasure...

Light your (ass on) fire! The ESC LVII 42 rankings and just like the Bud Light slogan goes...

HERE!

WE!

GO!!!

And #42 this year according to yours truly. Now most people thought Izabo or Rambo Amadeus would belong here.

Nope.

#42 on my ESC 2012 rankings...


As self predicted, one of the acts that shouldn't belong in the grand final to begin with. First semifinal this year was so weak that a few good ones were snubbed via judging and televoting. Therefore, this brings us to the Grimes twins-John and Edward, or JEDWARD (IRL). For the second year in a row, these twats represented Ireland and yet it cost them a lot in the wallet as well. Horrible song like last year, what else do you expect from these two. Ireland will (hopefully) do better next year (PS, I'm half Irish too)!


At number 41, the hip-hop duo Trackshittaz (AUT), with "Woki Dem Mit Popo." Only rap/hip hop (sans Rambo Amadeus) that competed this year. I didn't like the beat or song, if they had a hard beat and a better tune to spit on the mic with, then this could be competitive. Hence the lower ranking. I'm a fan of underground (real) rap/hip-hop and wants rap to do well at EUROVISION, but this wasn't the right song.


At number 40, Valentina Monetta (SMR)'s "The Social Network Song" (originally "Facebook") was another poor effort this year. Glad this one didn't make the final. There's something about her and this song that didn't win me over. Guess what it is? I'll explain. For starters, she's 37, performing like she's 27, in a body fit for 17 year olds, marketed toward 7 year old girls who play Barbies. Simple as that.


At number 39, Touraj 'Tooji' Keshktar (NOR) barely made it in the final in the second semifinal, in a tiebreaker with Sofi Marinova's "Lubov Bez Granici" (BUL). Both had 45 points, however Tooji had 11 countries voting for him, whereas Sofi had 10 (more later). And had a piss poor showing in 26th in the grand final. I didn't like this song, even though the beginning sounds like Benny Benassi & the Biz's "Satisfaction" (legendary song). I thought this was one of the songs that shouldn't make it through the second semifinal.


Anri Jokhadze (GEO) showed that the 'Joker' was unfunny in "I'm a Joker." This was 38th and something was not right with the song or performance. I didn't like the song period and glad it didn't go through to the grand final. I'm pretty sure he banged Gaitana (UKR) prior to the week's finals and press conferences!


"Lautar" by Pasha Parfeny (MDA) was 37th on my rankings. Typical lame ass fare and I wished that it didn't make the final.

In part 2, I will go over songs 36-31 on my ESC LVII rankings!

No comments:

Post a Comment