Monday, January 23, 2012

NFL Conference Championship Weekend 2011/12: Review of the Games.


I had been doing my studies, plus with the National conference championship in its latter stages competing against the Aussie Open on ESPN2, I didn't watch very much of either.

But here's my review:

AMERICAN conference championship-I felt that the Ravens had been screwed out by the refs. They had the game won, and a touchdown that should've been called late. Plus the insult to injury by former Cowboy Billy Cundiff didn't do any justice. Not really a good match nonetheless.

NATIONAL conference championship-Not really the same flare as the '90 National Conference championship, but it was the same song, second verse. Niners had the game won...and then...we'll...the rest was history. I am very proud to see Giants punter Steve Weatherford FINALLY playing in the Super Bowl. The farthest he's reached whilst in the NFL is the conference championship game (see the Saints in 2006).

Overall, they were okay, but very disappointed that there won't be a Harbaugh brothers Super Bowl. The Oil Drum is waiting for the Giants and Pats in less than two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment