Saturday, April 5, 2014

Two Unbeatens Headline Women's NCAA D-I Final Four Basketball in Smashville!


Bridgestone Arena (pictured) is home to some of the largest crowds in the NHL during the season. And while the Preds are trying to stay in playoff form with a few games left to go in the regular season, all talk in the Music City is on the NCAA women's Division I basketball 'Final Four' which begins Sunday.

Connecticut is among two unbeaten teams in not just women's Division I basketball, but all of Division I basketball. The Lady Huskies--and the men Huskies--are trying to do something they have done before: sweep Division I basketball championships. The men are playing right now while I'm blogging this, and the women take to the court on Sunday against Stanford.

The other unbeaten in D-I basketball is Notre Dame. The Lady Irish have tried the last few years to win a national title in women's basketball, including in 2011, where they lost in the national championship game at Banker's Life Fieldhouse Indianapolis to Texas A&M. The Irish have a surprising Maryland squad making their first(?) national semifinal appearance in eons(?).

Everyone wants a Connecticut-Notre Dame final like me to see who is the real unbeaten in D-I basketball this season. First, we all have to watch the games on Sunday.

With that in mind, the national semifinals on Sunday!

NATIONAL SEMIFINALS
Sunday
(1L) Connecticut v (2PA) Stanford
(1SB) Notre Dame v (4L) Maryland

The semifinals on Sunday and the championship on Tuesday are on ESPN the mothership (NOT ESPN2!).

No comments:

Post a Comment