Saturday, April 19, 2014

Copenhagen 2014 Reviews: Sergej Cetkovic "Moj Svijet"

 
For the eighth consecutive year in a row, the nation of Crna Gora (Montenegro) will be a part of the ESC. This year, heading into Copenhagen, comes a powerful ballad by Sergej Cetkovic (pictured), called "Moj Svijet."

"Moj Svijet" is a very soft ballad, that is euphoric and very melodic. I like it to the point that it almost raises the same intensity of pop folker Zeljko Joksimovic's "Nije Ljubav Stvar" from 2012. The two songs aren't alike, but are so intense. He will perform in the first semifinal on Tuesday, the 6th of May. I'll predict that he will be borderline, hence he will make the grand final on Saturday, the 10th of May.

Montenegro has been a part of the ESC since 2007 (split as an independent nation from Serbia in 2006). I liked Stevan Faddy's "Ajde Croci" from their first year in ESC. Say what you want, but I do like the last couple of years for Montenegro in the ESC. Last year, with the Who See Klapa "Igranka" and the funny (and I don't understand why some think it was the worst, you silly top 40 music sheeple!), yet over-political "Euro Neuro" by Rambo Amadeus in 2012. Those are my opinion and I'm sticking to it. They didn't make the grand final respectively, but Sergej can. Wish the best.


Up next: The Common Linnets "Calm Before the Storm."

No comments:

Post a Comment