Thursday, April 17, 2014

Copenhagen 2014 Reviews: Firelight "Coming Home"


You want a winner for Copenhagen 2014, look up to the band Firelight (pictured), the Maltese outfit who will perform in Copenhagen next month with "Coming Home."

I know some might notice, but "Coming Home" resembles a Mumford & Sons song. It has that flow, but not a straight plagiarism as some of these faux Eurofans notice. But I love it, and it is the type of song that is needed in ESC. They will perform in second semifinal on Thursday, the 8th of May. They will qualify for the grand final, which will be on Saturday, the 10th of May. My feeling is because of the song quality, this my friends is the favorite to win it all! And I hope they win.

"Coming Home" could be the greatest ESC song ever in my opinion, even surpassing Lordi's "Hardrock Hallelujah" for that title. Malta has also had some staunch entries in ESC since 2011, with Glen Vella's "One Life" (best Maltese ESC entry of all time, in my opinion) kick starting it all, followed by Kurt Calleja "This is the Night" (2012) and last year with Gianluca Bezzina "Tomorrow." Song quality from the Maltese has attracted Eurofans the last few years and I hope this will carry on the quality the Maltese selects for an ESC. Hope for the best.


Up next: Cristina Scarlat "Wild Soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment