Monday, May 28, 2012

The Ten Best Songs of EUROVISION 2012! Handpicked!


As expected, Loreen's blowout win in the voting at Saturday's EUROVISION Song Contest in Baku, could result in the single "Euphoria" gaining worldwide exposure in the months to come. "Euphoria" was one of my favorite songs from this year's EUROVISION, but there were some others that I thought stood out.

Max Jason Mai "Don't Close Your Eyes"
The Slovakian act's song didn't fair well with the voting in the second semifinal, but it's a good song.

Engelbert Humperdinck "Love Will Set You Free"
Despite a poor showing, Engelbert delivered very well and I thought because of the artist's namesake, he would win it all!

Loreen "Euphoria"
No doubt about it, she was in my top ten in the Grand Final on Saturday, and had to be one of the best songs of this year's EUROVISION.

Compact Disco "Sound of Our Hearts"
Great effort by the Hungarian band.

Kaliopi "Crno I Belo"
Some liked it, some didn't. I liked it because it was powerful.

Kurt Calleja "This is the Night"
Great effort representing a tiny country.


Buranovskiye Babushki "Party for Everybody"
These grannys rock!

Sinplus "Unbreakable"
One of the best of the competition, and this was the one I thought could win it all.

Litesound "We are the Heroes"
Another effort that was short on voting as the Byelorussians had a great effort, nonetheless.

Sofi Marinova "Love Unlimited"
Another effort I thought would have made the finals, despite a tie with the Norwegian acts, failed to make it in Saturday's grand final. Really a great track despite what the naysayers said about it.



So that's my opinion. What is yours? Feel free to reply in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment