Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Streak is Over! Part Deux: The FOLLOW-UP!

Yes, it's a follow up! Post game randomness from both Ladies senior day (Ladies got their first win) and stuff from the Gents' D-I finale!


Senior forward Ashley Jackson honored. I mentioned in a post a month ago that she became the fourth player in the women's side of Centenary Basketball to go over the 1,000 point mark (I was at that game when it happened).

Senior center Anne Farrell honored. She will finish second all time in rebounds in Ladies' b-ball history, and should have a crack at 1,000 career points in the finale on Monday 2.28.
Senior forward Sarah Weiler honored. Usually an interchange player, Kristen Davis gave her the start at forward for this game.

And yes, I decided since these three are the ONLY seniors in the entire Centenary Basketball program (men or women), I brought roses for them. Tough season, but something has to be done.



Ashley and I (that is me, in the black shirt and pants)
Me again, this time with Anne (left) and Sarah (right).

And as an extra bonus...



Adam Walsh and coaching staff going barefoot for a certain cause. This is just a snippet of Walsh and his staff going barefoot during a timeout.  

And last but not least, the end of the Gents' last D-I regular season game:


Again, it's another snippet of the Gents' finale loss to IUPUI, 78-57.

EDIT: I mistakenly had it on film mode and not picture mode on my camera. Sorry folks, I was trying to get still pics.

So there you have it folks. Some of the randomness on this very historic day at the Gold Dome. But it's not over yet! Monday, Ladies D-I finale with WIU, and it's a very interesting, monumental game. First, Ashley Jackson went over 1,000 points, and now Anne Farrell is almost there. Just 14 points away! Tip off is at 7pm in the Gold Dome!



No comments:

Post a Comment