Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Jukebox 2.4.11: Four for one post!

Even though the wintry weather will not stop me from posting this! Although it's homecoming weekend "Back to the Future" at Centenary, this is a four-in-one posting for this week's Friday Jukebox!

On Wednesday, it was 1950's day, so therefore let's get some Elvis into your system.



On Thursday, it was 1960's day, even though classes were scrapped after 5pm due to the wintry weather. And in honor, here's some late '60s goodness from Steppenwolf. You know what it is! The original version, not Hinder's 2007 cover.


Today it was supposed to be a 1970's day, but classes were scrapped for the whole day due to the snow. I figure that since it's the '70s, the focus is primarily on the late '70s. Therefore, one of my favorite cuts from the late '70s is Cut Glass' "Without Your Love."


And on Saturday rounds out homecoming weekend festivities. This time it's '80s day. And I found a track that I've never heard before from the decade that I caught my eye this morning. This is from Spandau Ballet, called "Only When You Leave," released in '84. They performed it at Live Aid '85.


So there you go folks, and also I'll be at the Gents and Ladies games on Saturday (hopefully). The announcement of the king and queen will be at halftime, possibly of the Gents' game.

Please be safe this weekend from the weather. When you drive, be careful. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment