Sunday, April 12, 2015

Vienna 2015, 60th ESC 40 For 40: Giannis Karagiannis "One Thing I Should Have Done"


Yet another ballad for review for Vienna 2015 in '40 For 40' series. Giannis Karagiannis (pictured) with "One Thing I Should Have Done" (Cyprus).

"One Thing I Should Have Done" is a simple ballad with calmed down guitar riffs and a steady beat. However, this doesn't go to well for me, considering this is too mainstream. This is basically almost a ripoff of the '90s RnB/pop sound of that caliber. As a result, I don't think this song will qualify for the grand final that following Saturday. He will perform in the second semifinal on May 21.

This is also the return of Cyprus to the ESC for the first time since 2013. I got to say, 2013 was better than this, but Cyprus hasn't had a real good song...in nearly two decades.

Up next: Vaclav Noid Barta and Marta Jandova "Hope Never Dies"

No comments:

Post a Comment