Thursday, April 4, 2013

Malmo 2013 39 For 39: Natalia Kelly "Shine"


The '39 For 39' continues with Natalia Kelly. She will represent Austria in this year's EUROVISION LVIII in Malmo next month with the song "Shine."

This song almost channels the 'femi-folk' of the '90s (see Meredith Brooks, Melissa Etheridge, Shawn Colvin, etc.), and here's why:


This also reminds me (almost) of Soluna Samay last year with her song "Should've Known Better." Don't you think.

The jury: Last year, I thought Trackshittaz was a huge letdown with "Woki Dem Mit Popo" because the song deserved a different beat (a DJ Premier-style beat). I'm a rap fan, and the lyrics of that song also threw me off. This song above makes up for the Austrian letdown. I think this could be a song that should get into the final.

By the way, I had Azerbaijan yesterday, it should have been Austria yesterday instead of Azerbaijan.

Up next: Alena Lanskaya "Solayoh."

No comments:

Post a Comment