Friday, April 12, 2013

Malmo 2013 39 For 39: Krista Siegfrids "Marry Me!"


Finland will once again have a female solo act as their representative in the EUROVISION. This year it is Krista Siegfrids with "Marry Me!"

To me, this has to be one of Finland's worst entries to date. Why? I've read and seen here on the net about this song and its comparison to the shit Katy Perry puts out. Take a listen:


My jury on this: this will NOT make the grand final on May 18. I would also say that there have been some better entries from Finland in their ESC history, including Lordi's "Hard Rock Hallelujah," which to me is the greatest winner in the history of the ESC, pound for pound.

Also I think that Pernilla Karlsson's "Nar Jag Blundar" from last year was heaps better than this. Lessons learned when there's a shit song that is put out, you know it should not have a lot of success. Case closed.

Up next: A review of Amadine Bourgeois "L'enfer et Moi," which begins the look at the 'Big 6' exclusively for grand final day.

No comments:

Post a Comment