Friday, April 5, 2013

Malmo 2013 39 For 39: Alena Lanskaya "Solayoh"


Malmo 2013 '39 For 39' rolls on with Alena Lanskaya with "Rhythm of Love" "Solayoh."

Why the title and song change? Remember, she won the Belarussian national final with "Rhythm of Love," but changed the song to a different beat. Either way, they're both good. It's not like Litesound last year when "We are the Heroes" tweaked the sound a bit for the stage in Baku. I still like both, despite the chance that if I had a choice, I'd say their studio version was better. Keep in mind, she was disqualified after initially winning the national final for Baku last year, resulting in Litesound heading to Baku. This time, she got away scot-free.

See for yourself whether or not you liked the song change by listening to "Solayoh":


My final jury: I have decided to break down the review into two:
  • Don't even compare "Solayoh" with "Rhythm of Love." Both great, both would make the final either way.
  • Don't compare this with "We are the Heroes" by Litesound. Both great tunes, and I hoped that Litesound would've made the final last year.
I hope this one will head to the grand final on May 18.

EDIT: forgot to add that the official music video for this song is out. It's on the EUROVISION YouTube page.

Up next: Roberto Bellarosa "Love Kills."

No comments:

Post a Comment