Sunday, May 3, 2015

Vienna 2015, 60th ESC 40 For 40: Eduard Romanyuta "I Want Your Love"


The reviews for Vienna 2015 rolls on. Up next is my review of Eduard Romanyuta (pictured) with "I Want Your Love" (Moldova).

"I Want Your Love" is a song that is a ripoff of the 1990s boy band craze (see Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98 Degrees, even Jack in the Box's Meaty Cheesy Boys as well as 3 Count of World Championship Wrestling fame). In such a competition, this doesn't suit me well. The song is too mainstream, too pop, and absolute garbage. Although he will perform in the first semifinal on May 19, I don't think this is grand final material. He will probably get in because girls across Europe will vote him in simply...because of his looks! Sad, but it's going to be probably true. Just like the Belgian entry.

As far as the Moldovan entries of the past, it has sucked ass since 2011's "So Lucky" by Zdob si Zdub. Cristina Scarlat's "Wild Soul" from last year was okay. 2012 and 2013 and this absolutely suck ass, this country should withdraw after this.

Up next: Nenad Knezevic "Adio"

No comments:

Post a Comment