Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Jukebox! 1.7.11

Since this is a new blog, I feel that I must devote a day a week to something, and that is music. Therefore, every Friday (hopefully), I bring you "Friday Jukebox"! I'll talk about music, primarily from the past, and today's first ever Friday Jukebox focus on the late Rick James collaboration with Teena Marie called "Fire & Desire."

As you all aware, "Fire & Desire" is off of the late Rick James' extremely awesome Street Songs album released in 1981, that features the epics "Give It To Me" and of course-"Super Freak" (Temptations sing!).
I was lucky to find the LP somewhere in my house. I remember when there was a stereo with record player in late '80s-early '90s, my parents played this album. The reason of this first post of Jukebox Friday, because as you're aware of, Teena Marie died a couple weeks ago at age 54.
Here is the entire song for your pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment