Monday, June 17, 2013

ESC Radio Awards 2013: And the Winners Are...


Emmelie de Forest might have won the 58e Concours EUROVISION Chanson de Europeene at Malmo last Month, but did she have what it takes to sway those voting for the ESCRadio awards?

Voting ended Sunday night. This year I've voted only once in four categories.

For song of the year, instead of "Only Teardrops," the voters were holding out for one Bonnie Tyler. "Believe in Me," her song on behalf of the UK this year, was voted song of the year, ahead of one of my favorites, "I Feed You My Love" by Margaret Berger. Marco Mengioni's "L'essenziale" was third.

Bonnie Tyler also was voted best female artist at Malmo, with Zlata Ognevich second, and Anouk third. I wonder why more people voted for Krista Siegfrids over Alena Lanskaya and Hannah Mancini? Her song sucks!

Cezar the Voice should have gotten more votes for best male artist, however the voters wanted dull tastes. Therefore it was Marco Mengioni, followed by Eythor Ingi Gunlaugsson and the even duller voice of Farid Mammadov.

However it's the group-duo that won me the most. Koza Mostra, the Who See Klapa and Heilsarmee (Takasa) had the most votes.

Gee, I wonder who is doing the voting? OGAE clubs?

See the results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment