Sunday, March 13, 2011

ZUFFA acquires strikeforce! **RANT**




Is this the darkest day in MMA to date?

Saturday, en route to Bellator 36 at Shreveport's Municipal Auditorium, an hour before I left, I realized that ZUFFA LLC, the number 1 mixed martial arts promoter in the world, owners of Ultimate Fighting Championship and World Extreme Cagefighting, would acquire the number 2 MMA promotion in the world-Scott Coker's strikeforce.

And after I enjoyed a night of action on Showtime last Saturday with Marloes Coenen retaining the women's title in an epic fight with Liz Carmouche and Dan Henderson defeating Feijao for the lightweight championship, who knows where the organization will go from here.

Strikeforce was one of my favorite MMA promotions, and I have been following MMA for the past few months. But again, who knows what ZUFFA will do with this organization...oh wait, listen to what ZUFFA president Dana White has to say on the acquisition.

To me, as much as I hate Dana White, I hope he doesn't drain the shit out of strikeforce like he did PRIDE. I hope that Bjorn Rebney and everyone at Bellator (now the number 1 promotion in my opinion) wake up and keep making BELLATOR the number 1 alternative for MMA (and they put on a good show on Saturday) as opposed to the ZUFFA empire!

No comments:

Post a Comment